I am posting this in hopes that SOMEBODY will be able to provide me with their knowledge on serging! If you have a serger would you please please please let me know which one you own, as well as the positive and negatives that come with using it :) With all these Thanksgiving sales happening I am being pulled into making a purchase this weekend! As this is my first ever post ...I thank you ahead of time for taking the time to help out! I can't wait for the opportunity to sew dresses for my nieces that they can wear time and again.
-As my new saying..on my new blog goes...Thank you from the bottom of my beginners heart! =] Just a girl sewing on Sally the Singer in the middle of a red dirt sand storm.
I don't have much experience with different sergers. Mine is a Singer Ultralock that I bought second hand fomr my high school when they decided to get rid of the sewing class. (Ghetto small school). What kind did you end up getting?
ReplyDeleteBy now you may have purchased your new serger but if you haven't I thought I might help and put my "2 cents worth" in. I have owned two BabyLocks and LOVED them both. I now have the BabyLock Imagine. My only suggestion to you would be.... make sure you purchase it somewhere that gives you a class and some help when you need it. Sergers are definetly a whole different "ball game" when it comes to sewing. Takes alot to get the hang of them especially if it does not have the auto thread feature. Threading,and tension can be trying... Don't give up though because they are really worth learning. I have been sewing since I was a teen so I am so happy to see more people getting interested in sewing. Good luck with your adventures. Looks like you are doing great so far.
ReplyDelete