Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas gifts...

I first saw this idea in a book I purchased..I'll try and remember what it was called, but there are tutorials covering these too! I probably started about 3 months ago, hoping to finish at least 2 towel sets a month so I'd have plenty on non-stressing out days.Well that didn't happen..and it is now a week before Christmas and I STILL have 3 more to sew!! EEeek! Looks like it'll be a long night tonight, I HAVE to finish 2 by monday so they can be shipped across the US in time for my niece and nephew to open! And since I'm leaving thursday to head south on my 10 hour road trip to my moms..not only am I worried about finishing these up but also about remembering to pack everything! (Sally is going to be tagging along...buckled up in her case in the passenger seat next to me!) ...No Sally is not my dog...she's my Singer sewing machine!

                                    One year old boy:
                               
                                    Five year old girl
                                
                                          Six year old girl
Next on list:
3 year old boy
1 year old girl
7 year old girl
Hopefully finishing all 3 tonight and tomorrow!
I forgot to mention all of my many friends having babies!! I have been one heck of an appliquing fool ...have to learn some how right?! :)

6 comments:

  1. Cute!!! I dont have the patience to sew! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those towels turned out great!! Sewing is so much fun and Sally is a great name. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Kristain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey--your going to be a mom :) so Im pretty sure you have patience somewhere in side of you! Maybe once Colton arrives you'll find an interest in sewing! Until then...I will supply him with my latest and greatest works of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krista--Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Maybe I can get more things accomplished and posted soon! ...You amazed me with the fact that you had time to crochet a heart AND run a 1/2 marathon!!Kuddos to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Thanks for stopping by Sand to Pearl. Have fun with your nephew at Monster Jam.
    You don't need a silhouette to make the Truck shirt, all you need is a print out of a truck to use as a template to cut out the fabric, then applique it on. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These towels are gorgeous gifts--your nieces and nephews do not know how lucky they are! Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete